I’ve got my petticoat done now. There is a possibility it is too long. I’ll put it and my hoops on and try a couple of pairs of shoes and see. If it is to long I will sew in a fold/ruffle thus getting the right length and perhaps adding to the poof of the skirt. I used Truly Victorian’s free downloadable pattern.
I cut my material per instructions…except I forgot to measure if my material was as wide as the instructions and ended up with one piece I did not need…Unless I grew to 7 feet tall. Anyway, I’ll use that piece for something else. I sewed all the pieces into tubes.
Then I pinned the lower tier on with lots of little pleats and sewed it down.
Then I added on the waist band which I had sewed so there would be a hole for the string.
Once the band was on, I whip stitched the inside seam, pressed it, added on the string and put it on Trudy.
Not a great photo…lots of shadows that makes it looks like it isn’t in the correct bell shape. You’ll have to take my word for it.