I can’t believe it has happened! I have received a blogging award! Wow!
The rules are:-
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Post 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 7 others for the award
So to start with, I want to thank A Wee Bit Random for nominating me. I started following her recently because she just seems like a person that I would like to meet. She likes to knit and so do I, but what really caught my attention is that I can “hear” her Scottish accent in the way she writes. You know I love all things Scottish.
Seven things about myself.
1) I am ridiculously pleased that I’ve gotten an award! I never thought I’d get one as my interests are a bit on the obscure level and doubted anyone would actually read this blog never mind follow it or honor it with an award!
2) If it were not for the restraint of Mr Victorian, I’d be a multiple pet owner. One husband away from being a crazy cat or dog lady.
3) I’d love to go to Scotland one day. Actually, I’d love to spend at least one night in a Scottish castle….moat and all.
4) I’m frequently attracted to clothes that are a minty green in color but I can not wear it…I look like death warmed over.
5) If I could speak another language, I’d like it to be sign language because then I wouldn’t have to worry about my accent.
6) I don’t know why I worry about having an accent because I like them in others. Another thing: I once had to memorize a few phrases in Chinese so I could work with a woman who only spoke Chinese. I was told I had a pretty good ear for sound. And Chinese sounds are NOTHING like English.
7) I think I have misophonia. Misophonia is when certain sounds make you crazy. I hate the sound of the word “moisture” and the sound my dog makes when she is licking herself…speaking of which…”Ginger! Stop licking!”
I will nominate in no particular order….
1) Who Were They. She posts some wonderful cabinet cards that I’d love to add to my collection.
2) Time Traveling in Costume. She is what I want to be when I grow up. Lovely work!
3) Viewing the Past. A new cabinet card blog. Seriously lovely cards!
4) Pretty Grievances. She sews modern clothes which gets me to think I should make a few more modern clothes. And she does it with a killer sense of humor.
5) The Fashionable Past. Mercy! This girl can sew!
6) Adventures of a Costumer. A husband and wife team with the wife in school to learn sewing/costuming.
7) Costume Diaries. A Costuming Blogger from the Netherlands.
Lots of work but a joy and an honor to do this!