I was so sure those darn sleeves were gonna be a snap to finish. Just sew them in right? I sewed them in and started on the button holes so that today I could just sew on the buttons and trim and I’d be done. I got it all done with time to spare. But then I took a good look at those dumb sleeves.
They are way to wide! Once they have an arm in them, they balloon up to mutton sleeves which is not the look I was going for.
A whole lotta work had to be done to rip those massive puppies all apart and cut about 4 inches off of the sides to bring them down to size. And honestly, they are still to big but you know I don’t care anymore. I just don’t know what went wrong. I’ve never had this problem with a Truly Victorian pattern before.
That is a bit more reasonable. No one will mistake them for mutton sleeves now.
As well as the sleeves, I got the button holes done and that implies that I got the lining done too. Today will be trims and buttons while I sit in a small town cafe ALL DAY waiting for my dog to get her dental work done. (Don’t get me going on the cost of using a city vet for getting my canines canines cleaned.)