In my last post I wrote about tuning up my spinning wheel. Since then, I have attempted to make it do its thing! I used the wool I was given for Christmas.
At first it didn’t go to well. It kept breaking. After an hour and a half-this is all I accomplished.
This pile of broken tangled bits on the floor was greater than the finished bit on the wheel.
But, then suddenly it started to click and in 20 minutes, I doubled my production.
It is much thicker (and lumpier) than I hoped-especially if I ply it together to a 2 or three ply skein. It would be stronger if I do but it will lose its distinct color changes so I might not do that. There is a style of plying called Navajo (several videos on YouTube explaining how) that might not mess up the variegation as much.
The tricky part that I have to figure out….now I’m getting ahead of myself. I need to concentrate on getting the one ply done before I figure out what I’m going to do next with it! I do need more bobbins though…off to eBay….