Material: cotton (possibly a blend…it has been in my stash for ages, I don’t remember its content.)
Pattern: Laughing Moons Victorian undies.
Year: The package is listed as Victorian so I will go with 1836-1901.
Notions: lace (my stash only had poly stuff and this is a stash busting year) 2 buttons.
How historically accurate is it? So-so. The definite and possible synthetic fibers are bad. The pattern is okay I believe. I machine sewed which would be bad if the goal was for the earlier end of the Victorian era. As far as the persona I costume for (upper middle class older lady who is a bit on the conservative side) the style and amount of trim would be appropriate. So I give it a grade of 60%
Hours to complete: 10 which is more than it should. I just couldn’t do the mental aerobics required to attach the yoke so that the hand stitching that covers the seam was on the inside. I had to do it 3 times! I’ve made this pattern before! So annoyed with myself!
First worn: not yet
Total cost: Nothing. I used a pattern I had used before and I used material left over from a petticoat that I way over estimated the fabric needs. The lace and buttons were also stash, either given to me or salvaged from other sources.