I have decided on my next project.
I will use the fabric Lottie picked up for me a few years ago. (This is why I have a hoard.) This fabric is more of a plum and gold stripe. Not quite as loud as the material in the Boston dress. I think that is for the best.
The fringe will need to be hand done with some embroidery floss and ribbon. That will be time consuming.
I have the patterns ordered already. I love on line patterns. I just need to print them up and assemble.
For the bodice, I ordered this one.
I will need to make the lapel bigger and omit the cuff. I will also need to change the back from a split to a point.
Then I ordered an accessory pattern to deal with the under sleeve.
Also, I want a more matronly neck line like in this photo. I think the chemisette on the right is perfect.
The skirt is a basic tube pleated into a waist band. I’m sure I have a pattern for that.
Now…what am I going to call this dress…1858…um…well, Lottie picked the fabric for me so this is 1858 Lottie.