I haven’t been in great shape today but I did get a bit more done on my 1900 mourning dress…a few more pleats pinned down in the skirt.
I’ve also been working on the 1870s shawl. A commenter suggested that the wool I am using is thicker than originally intended and I believe she is right. As I have been knitting the lace, which the instructions say are knit in a long strip like….well…lace. When you sew straight lace on a corner you pleat it. The lace I am knitting is going to be far too thick for a pleat so I had to adapt the pattern some. I have no idea how to put into words what I did. I should have written it down. Basically, I worked in a wedge shape with the diamond pattern repeated.
Which created a corner. It wont be so lumpy when I sew it down and block it.